Business expansion
Location of affected unit(s)
Various locations
Health / Social Work
Human Health Services And Activities
Human Health Activities
86 - Human health activities

1,000 jobs
Number of planned job creations
Job creation
Announcement Date
11 September 2017
Employment effect (start)
Foreseen end date
31 December 2018


The Finnish private health and social services company Mehiläinen announced that it will recruit over 1,000 new employees in 2018. New staff is needed all across the country. Up to 95% of the new recruits will be healthcare professionals, including doctors and nurses with different specialisations. The remaining 5% of the new jobs will be within various job categories, such as computer programming and food services.

Mehiläinen currently has nearly 300 offices with 11,500 employees across the country. The new recruitment campaign follows Mehiläinen's investments in equipment and premises, as well as expansion plans in several cities. Furthermore, legislation reinforcing the business opportunities of private healthcare companies is underway. Mehiläinen's latest notable business expansion took place earlier in 2017 in the Ostrobothnia region of the country.


  • 11 September 2017: YLE
  • 11 September 2017: Company press release


Eurofound (2017), Mehiläinen, Business expansion in Finland, factsheet number 91933, European Restructuring Monitor. Dublin, https://restructuringeventsprod.azurewebsites.net/restructuring-events/detail/91933.