Internal restructuring
Location of affected unit(s)
Sarriguren (Navarre), Zamudio (Basque Country) and Madrid
Manufacturing Of Machinery And Equipment
Manufacture Of Machinery And Equipment N.E.C.
28.11 - Manufacture of engines and turbines, except aircraft, vehicle and cycle engines

352 jobs
Number of planned job losses
Job loss
Announcement Date
22 December 2022
Employment effect (start)
10 January 2023
Foreseen end date
31 December 2023


Siemens Gamesa (SG) is a Spanish-German wind engineering company, specialised in the manufacturing of wind turbines and provides onshore and offshore wind services. Last 22nd December 2022 the company announced an agreement with trade unions UGT Fica and CCOO on the conditions of the Redundancy Program (ERE) that will involve the dismissal of 352 workers (initially 475) in Spain over the next two years (of which 45% of the dismissals will take place in 2023 and the remaining 55% in 2024). This redundancy programme includes voluntary redundancies and early retirements. The reasons for this redundancy programme include increases in company costs and the need to keep the company profitable. For the former, a severance payment of 45 days per year is envisaged, with no limit on the number of years of service and with a minimum payment of 30,000 euros. In the case of early retirements, the agreement with the trade unions offers workers an exit with 70% to 80% of their salary, depending on their age, with a maximum limit of 80,000 euros per year. For those earning less than 45,000 euros, SG offers an additional 5%. From the age of 61 up to the age of 63, 45 days per year worked with a maximum of 36 monthly payments and from the age of 64 onwards 45 days per year with a maximum of 24 monthly payments. UGT FICA and CCOO Industry have positively assessed this agreement, which "has been reached at the employment table, in the context of social dialogue between the two industry federations, and included in the collective agreement signed by both organisations". Update 09/02/2023 The Redundancy Program (ERE) negotiated by workers' representatives (CCOO and UGT) with the management of Siemens Gamesa has obtained majority support from the company's workforce. The conditions of this labour adjustment, which affects office staff, obtained 96% of the votes in the internal consultation that was carried out on 06 February 2023. The company's plan envisages the departure of 352 employees, including early retirements and voluntary redundancies. The work centres affected are located in Sarriguren (Navarre), Zamudio (Basque Country) and Madrid. Previous restructuring events have been recorded for Simenes Gamesa in the ERM Events database. In 2022, 300 job losses were recorded in Germany (Siemens Gamesa-2022-DE), and 250 jobs created in France (Siemens Gamesa-2022-FR).   Update 04/08/2023 Siemens Gamesa has completed the proposal of the Employment Redundancy Programme (ERE). There now is an agreement on the 352 jobs that the company was planning to cut. The affected employees are either being employed in new positions within the company, or opting for voluntary departures as well as early-retirement and leave. No direct dismissals have taken place in the end. Trade Unions have announced that the company cannot start another ERE before January 2025 (three months after the completion of the current ERE in a formal manner). Trade Unions have also insisted that they will be very vigilant regarding any new ERE attempt.  



Eurofound (2022), Siemens Gamesa, Internal restructuring in Spain, factsheet number 108171, European Restructuring Monitor. Dublin, https://restructuringeventsprod.azurewebsites.net/restructuring-events/detail/108171.